- Monday | November 1, 2021
- 7:00 PM
Men, we encourage you to join us as we gather together for an evening of prayer.
Here are 6 reasons to join us for the Men’s Prayer. For men, obviously, but the broader ideas will be of value to anyone serious about following God. Women, encourage your men to read these.
1. We’re on this planet to learn that what is seen is temporary, and what is unseen is eternal; yet we still think sleep is more important than prayer. It’s time for us to think as men of God. 2 Cor 4:18.
2. Our children will remember us as men who, from time to time, spent a night in prayer with other men from the church. Think how your opinion of your own father would change if he had done (or still did) such a thing. 1 Ki 3:3a.
3. We’re all guilty of being more talk than action; all show and no go; all mouth and trousers; all foam no beer; all hat no cattle. Time to turn that around. Act on what you believe. 1 Pet 4:3a.
4. The enemy is deathly afraid of your becoming a man of prayer. Those reasons assembled in your mind for not coming? Do not think they are entirely yours; maybe not even partly yours. 2 Cor 2:11.
6. The change in your life circumstances that you have long been hoping for? It will not come through circumstances. It will arise from something transacted between you and God, who appoints all the circumstances of your life. This night could be that transaction. Acts 17:26; Luke 15:18-20.